5 people were killed when a gunman opened fire randomly on Philadelphia streets

On Monday night, a heavily armed man wearing a bulletproof vest appeared to open fire at random on the streets of Philadelphia, killing five people and injuring two boys before turning himself in, according to police.

In the SouthWestern neighborhood of Kingsessing, the shooting took place over a number of city blocks. Police Commissioner Daniel Outlaw announced at a news conference that the suspect was arrested in an alley after turning himself in while responding officers pursued the suspects.

“Thank God our officers arrived quickly and responded to the situation. Outlaw said, “I can’t even begin to describe the level of bravery and courage that was shown, let alone the restraint that was shown here.

She said there was no evidence linking the victims to the shooter at the time. He was armed with a handgun, an “AR-type rifle,” several magazines, a bulletproof vest, and a police scanner.

Officers were fledged down at about 8:30 p.m., and multiple calls of shots fired came in from Kingsessing. Police found some gunshot victims, and as they were attending to them, they heard more gunfire outlaw said. Police later told Fox 29 that a fifth victim was found. He was chased into his home and shot to death. Bullet casings were found outside the home.

The alleged shooter, a 40-year-old man, was located. Although a second person who may have fired back at the suspect was also apprehended, police were unsure of their relationship, according to Outlaw.

Numerous shell casings, according to the chief, were discovered over an eight-block area. “You can see there are several scenes out here,” said Outlaw. We’re canvassing the area to gather as much information as we can, to identify witnesses, to locate cameras, and to do everything we can to determine why, said Outlaw.

Read also: ISRO chief: Chandrayaan-3 will launch in the middle of July

                  300 Pakistanis died in a boat sinking near Greece

Leave a Comment